Tuesday 9 October 2007

Count The Blessings

Deadline Incoming

The week of the deadline soon approaches, however this week was the test week for the deadline and I must say I’m happy, not because it’s all done because I no there is a lot more things I can do within the assignment but I what I need to do and how to do it. This has brought me a lot of joy as last week I was upset thinking that I wasn’t going to make it.

Reasons for relief

The reason this week is so relieving is that I no I can finish before Wednesday, this will allow me the rest of the week to proof read it and make sure that it is all correct, but finally I can relax, for a short few days.

Time Goes By

Time still seams to be flying by before my eyes though now I think that I am under control, as I no what to do and when to do it, I finally found my perfect working time last week. It is between 9-10pm I don’t know why but I find I work a lot more sufficiently at this time, maybe it’s because I have had more than five coffee’s by then.

No More Microsoft

What can I say, other than don’t use free Microsoft E-mailing accounts, hotmail has had a real problem this week not letting me accept any of Steve’s Emails, this has annoyed me, reason being that I have received them perfectly up to this date, however there is light at the end of the tunnel, as John is allowing me to buy into his server which will give me my own E-mail address that I can control as well as a web hosting account, this will come in handy for the next assignment.

Indexing

This week I have learned that I must index my scrap book, mainly because it will help Steve when marking the work find references, however it will also help me when in seminar groups and groups with John. The reason it will help me is because I will no where all my work is and where all my evidence is.

Blogging

I am looking forward to this next week and doing my evaluation, the reason being that half of it is in my Blog anyway so I really shouldn’t have as much to do as normal, this makes me feel happy meaning less stress, although I’m sure ill struggle on some parts, but for most I will use my Blog as my guide for the evaluation.

Reading Skills

This week I attended my weekly dyslexia meeting with Liz, I learned a lot more things this week about the dyslexia and how to improve it, before trying to read words got blurry from reading because of the sharpness of the background colour. However this week I learnt of layovers which really improves my reading style and helps me read a lot easier.

Key Points Learned

Time planning
Style sheets for dyslexia
Auto replaces
Indexing
Referencing
Page maker

Things for next week

Reference
More in page maker
Finishing the assignment
Putting all the work in the folder
Relaxing after deadline
Getting ready for the new assignment

5 comments:

Greg Carrick said...

Hi Martyn,

I feel I'm in a similar position to, as I feel more relieved after the seminar group and I should get it all done by Tuesday.

I still have to do the index like you and I should have done it ages ago, because I'm always flicking through my sketchbook trying to find the page I need.

Tom Smith said...

Hi Martyn,

Glad to hear you're not feeling too stressed this week with the deadline so close.

The index might take longer than you think though, I've been doing it as I've been going along and it's generally taken about 30 minutes a week.

Just out of interest, do you find that colour contrasts on web pages can help or hinder your reading at all? I know colours make some impact on dyslexia.

Webomatic said...

Hi Greg & Tom

Yes Greg iv'e been doing the index this week it has taken ages, still not finished but it will be done for monday. Tom i have problem with bright white backgrounds with black text after 20mins of reading it can become very blurred and hard to read.

Thanks, Martyn

Victoria Fisher said...

I think it right what you have said about there is a hour when you work best and it different for everyone I find I work better between 1-2pm, also I am shock how quick time as gone too, it doesn't seem like we have been doing this assignment for over 5 week.

Gary Benn said...

I agree with the fake deadline. It is so useful! But then again would it not be good to have more of them, if you think, is there really a point when you can say, right this assignment is finished. When is a painting finished. The way I see it is nothing is ever finished. - I think this calls for another blog entry!