Tuesday 4 December 2007

The work strain

Reference
This week I felt embarrassed as I did not realise that I was doing my references wrong. However I feel a lot better now as I no how to do them properly. Before I was getting most of the information in however I was not doing it in the correct order. Now I feel a lot better as I no exactly how to do them for website and books.

Books

Another point of shame this week is that I did not have the books that are on the course requirement. This made me a bit upset in ways because I knew that I needed them I did not have the money to get them though. However Steve told me the name of a person who will sell me the books cheap which made me happy as now I can buy the books with no stress.

A3

Most of A3 if finished now which is another reason to be happy. There are just a few things I need to do on them. Also I will remember to make sure that A3 has all the correct information in and has all the correct references.

Banners

This week another fun assignment creating banners of all things. Although at times this was very stressful as eventually we were creating an idea every 40 seconds. This made the pictures of the people look really funny as there was not enou8gh time to make sure that the pictures was filled out with enough detail and they looked more like shadows.

Work Timescale

While doing the banners I learned how working in a time strained environment is fun and stressful at the same time. Mainly creating them was fun but when it got down to 40 seconds an idea I did not realise the strain it put on to make sure that all the work was done. After doing it though I can see how much I can actually get done in 30 minutes. This is why I have decided to use the strategy on my home study.

8 comments:

Michelle Bonfield said...

Just a quick feedback comment on the banner.

I think it's working well but I'd shift your image slightly to the right so you can see the profile of her face. That way it will reflect (repeat) the ragged edge of the text above.

Liam Corfield said...

Hi Mate

you were not the only person to not have the books, i also didn't have mine, but luckily they arrived on Tuesday. hope you get yours soon.

James Bell said...

Good to hear you enjoyed the banner task. I also felt a bit stress when it came down the last designs.

Looking back at it I can see that this helped to, in a way, stop thinking about the placement of the page elements and just be more spontaneous with them.

Webomatic said...

Hi All

Thanks for comments, hope i get book this weekend. (Hopfully) Ty for feedback Michelle i will alter before monday and put it up again but with other one aswell. The banner assignment was fun but learning what its like in industry is what its all about. I sapose thats what i liked the most.

John Browne said...

The referencing also came as a suprise to me, as I felt pretty sure I had it right. In past lectures and looking back over some notes which had the referencing information for all types of references.

Good to hear A3 is almost complete also, Keep up the good work Martyn. You desirve the rewards.

Anonymous said...

Comment deadline.

Anonymous said...

Face too tight against left margin.

Julian Dyer said...

Using one font is a good way of keeping consistency, as long as it’s done right. I think that you could possibly raise the size of the name a couple of points to differentiate it a bit more from the venue. I think the date also needs to go up a couple of points.

You could use the rulers in Photoshop to set a 3mm or 10 pixel margin around the banner. This works in the same way as rulers work in Pagemaker/InDesign. Just drag them into place, and look at the ‘info’ palette which will tell you how many mm/pixels you are into the canvas.

As mentioned by Steve, the image is too right to the edges. Either consider reducing its size from the top left, or simply move it to the right.