Tuesday 11 December 2007

Ahead of Schedule

Web plan
This week is a happy week as all the work is pretty much done a head of schedule, this means that I do not have to worry as much as I did last time. The main thing that I am going to be working on over the week is making sure that the A3 assignment is up to scratch with references, that was the main point of error in the last one as I did not do them correctly.

I will also be correcting all my spelling and grammar mistakes, I believe doing all these things now rather than later will help me in the long run as I will be able to check all my work. Through out the week a lot of times to make sure that it is all done correctly.

The stress factor comes in knowing that this very important as it is a core unit. I am trying my best and putting as much references in as I can as well as making sure that they are all correctly formatted.

Image Standards

I had an interesting experience this week when I changed my images to make more since with in the industry. I made the title a lot bigger to go with Steve’s recommendations, mainly because some people might not know who the Jazz singers are.

Inspiration Board
This was an idea by Andrew who suggested that the class gets an inspiration/feedback board, so that people in 1st and 2nd year could get a pin board and instead of waiting for some feedback from the blogs just pin it up in class and get feedback that way. This idea I think would be very useful as it would help with getting feedback a lot faster.

11 comments:

Marc Pugh said...

Nice ideas so far. I think the Tina May one works really well. The fonts are also ideal for both ideas.

If I was to be really picky then I would suggest moving the information on the Christine Tobin banner slightly more to the right so it's not as close to her chin.

Can't help you more than that. maybe Mr. Burgess will be able to find something. :)

p.s you've spelt my name wrong in your link to my blog :D

Victoria Fisher said...

I am finishing my work as early as possible so I can spell and grammar check my work. If I read though my work, ye will pick up on some error but not them all so I am going to get other people to check my work as well. I want to improve on the errors I make so I am going to do something to learn how to fix errors it might be something simple like just write down spelling I get wrong and learning them till I get them right.

Suzanne Hullah said...

Your Tina May banner works really well, I really like that one. The contrast of the black and white with the greyscale picture is a really nice effect.

It's nice to hear that you're ahead of schedule this time on your work. Learning from your mistakes that you made on the last assignment will really provide you with a learning curve!

Liam Corfield said...

Hi Martyn

The Inspiration board is a good idea, it will help with feedback quicker than using the Journals, but on the otherhand, the journal is unit in itself, so it would need feedback on it to make a good mark.

Marc is right about the the Tina may design, it does work really well, bith designs have the same fonts, which is good, try a different veriety just to to ad a bit more "Flavor"

Julian Dyer said...

I really like your skyscraper banner Martyn, it is simple, has an appropriate font, nice spacing and an overall classy look.

The black and white decision also helps the image to compress well, or helps you to maximise the visual quality of the graphics.

I think the square banner needs a little work, I would align the text to the right, and line it up with the end of the name. Making the picture fill the remaining space would give the banner better balance.

Mark Torrington said...

The banners you have designed really work well, I especially like the Tina May banner. You might want to improve the Christine Tobin banner by putting the “Live at Wakefield Jazz “ on one line.

Craig Burgess said...

First banner is just about spot on, but if you want to be picky I'd say budge the text up ever so slightly so there is even space on the left and top.

The second banner still needs a little more work I think. I agree with Mark, try putting 'Live at Wakefield Jazz' all on one line and then budge the whole text up a little more so it sits more comfortably underneath the name.

Then I think you'll have cracked it.

Michelle Bonfield said...

I think the inspiration board is a great idea. I was only thinking the other day how clinical the room is.

An inspiration board would give us the opportunity to make our individual mark on the room in a productive way.

Webomatic said...

hi all

Thanks for the comments, i will reedit the images for monday and repost them, sorry Marc about your name i will fix it.

Yes the Tobin picture was hard to put all the infomation in, i will do my best and see what comes out of it. Thanks

Gary Benn said...

hey,

nice banners! I really like the whole contrast you have added to the photograph, i think it makes it look more mysterious and interesting, i think it is the sort of banner i'd look at.

As for the second one, I'm so glad you have taken the text wrap off from around her chin (from the draft you have in your sketchbook). - In the nicest possible way - it looked ridiculous! =)

These look much better now! Well done!

Inspiration boards are cool! =)

Anonymous said...

Comment deadline.